One of the reasons we organized TenderNight last Wednesday was to get the chance to meet cool folks in the neighborhood. Such as the Chinese Ballroom improv team (or at least a few of its members), who broke the ice with one of their games. Now you can enjoy a whole show by them for only 3 bucks tonight in a theater near you–at 414 Mason Street (between Geary and Post), to be precise. They say “pull up your pants, get on the 38, walk a few shady blocks and you’re there!” But we know you’re just around the corner, so you won’t even need to take the most dangerous bus in San Francisco. You’ll probably still need pants, though.
In case that this amazing video wasn’t convincing enough, here are a few more powerful reasons to go see this fine group of exquisite performers:
– Parent’s Truth: Nico and my parents (that’s separate parents, despite the similarities we’re not related) are coming to the show. This will be interesting for many reasons.
– Reason 1: Free wine. (This could also be Problem 1 depending on how the night goes)
– Reason 2: Although Chinese Ballroom prides itself on staying away from raunchy material, if Reason 1 becomes Problem 1, my dad may be throwing out some questionable suggestions.
– Reason 3: Spotlight. Nico and I enjoy our time in the limelight, and I swear to God if our parents upstage us, say, during Dummies, I will smash a wine bottle!
– Phoenix Truth: With Ruby Sky next door and Comedy College upstairs, our show has the douche built in.
– Meghann’s Truth: I will miss improv so much in Spain, I may try to do some games there. Only problem is I don’t speak Spanish, so I’m gonna have to get realllly good at miming. Maybe I’ll attempt some at the show.
– Opener’s Truth: We have two amazing ladies opening for us. At least you’ll get your moneys worth. I’m referring to their comedic talents, jeez
– Ballas truth: Our trusty crew of fans have been with us for almost two years now, and there is always room for more!!
See ya’ll at Phoenix Theatre Annex (4th floor), 414 Mason St.
8:30pm – Doors open/Wine reception
9:00pm – Show
$3.00 at the door